We had another great holiday thank you. The weather was terrific – the weather was unseasonably hot and we only had 10 minutes of drizzle on our first day, other than that it was all blue skies and extremely hot on a couple of days.
This time we walked the Cinque Terre, got the train to Florence for a day, went to Fivizzano for the market on Tuesday; Lucca for a day on Saturday where my wife took park in their new park run. We did some local walks to Ugliancaldo and Equi Terme and discovered a little hidden gem the locals use, on the river just above the Equi Terme car park where local people use the river and the sulphur springs – a lovely place to eat our picnic lunch a few days. We also learned it’s a good idea to book local restaurants on weekends when they are very popular with local people.For those interested in renting La Chicca, here are a few more details: La Chicca is a delightful one bedroomed village house to let in Tuscany’s Lunigiana region; it enjoys pretty views and is only a 10 minute walk away from the local station from where you can easily reach many local attractions without necessarily renting a car. There is a good restaurant, a bar and a butcher’s and grocery shop within easy walking distance. The house is laid out over 3 floors with an attractive courtyard outside and a small terrace at first floor level.
- The ground floor has the living room with double sofa bed, chairs and TV for DVDs and stereo.
- The first floor holds the kitchen, dining area and bathroom.
- The kitchen is fitted with an electric oven, gas hob and gas boiler (for hot water and central heating) and dining table
- The bathroom has a shower, WC, hand basin and washing machine
- On the second floor is the double bedroom with king size bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Outside courtyard with flagstone floor
- Garden table, chairs, loungers, umbrella and barbecue.